Friday, June 29, 2012

Super Simple Summer D.I.Y + Inspiration








Summer is in full bloom, and that means it's suuuuper hot, at least where I'm from. A big trend in fast-fashion stores lately is sleeveless blouses. Seriously, when I went to Forever 21 and H&M, maybe every other shirt was sleeveless. 
When I was thrifting the other day, I found a very cute, very cheap blouse, but the sleeves were waaay too tight. So... I cut the sleeves off and sewed the edges, and now I have myself a very cheap, D.I.Y'd sleeveless blouse that's summer ready!

Seriously, if I could do it, anyone could.

You'll Need:
-A blouse (preferably one with a collar)
-Scissors
-Sewing machine or needle and thread similar in color to your garment
\
First, cut the sleeves off, but leave some room to sew the edges. Then, sew the edges in! It's kind of the easiest D.I.Y ever. If you have a stain on a sleeve that you can't quite get out, or if you just want to summer-ize your closet, this is perfect.

With sleeves!

I cut off a sleeve, but leave about an inch for sewing back up.

The finished product!

 
Before and After


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment