Monday, February 18, 2013

DIY Inspiration: Belts galore!

I've been sick for the past few days (always fun) so that gave me some time to browse through the interwebs for some fun inspiration. And what caught my eye was the boom in belts.. belts of all kind; thick, thin, metallic, glittery, etc.
While I was browsing through J.Crew, some belts caught my eye... the glitter belts, of course, but also a cute, tribal inspired thread-wrapped belt. (It's on sale right now!) I feel like it would be a pretty easy DIY, much like the threaded bobby pins I did a while back, just on a larger scale. And of course, glittering a belt would be as simple as mod podge/DIY decoupage and glitter.

I love the animal charms on belts that seem to fade in and out of stores. These charms are usually silver or gold and have some bold enamel coloring.

And I can't forget the RL laser-cut leather belt that tricks the eye into skinny-ing you up... it's to die for. Actually, all of RL's belts this season were on point... I love the luxe embellishments like the gold clasps and the jeweled decor. I couldn't find an image of RL's black laser cut belt anywhere on the internet, but it is featured in the Wall Street Journal's magazine. I found some brighter, more spring/summer lasercut belts over at the GAP.


No comments:

Post a Comment